Engineering and construction
System Integrity Project Manager
Imagine a future where you provide leadership to deliver system integrity and grid code compliance to energy systems we design, develop, and build around the globe
Join us in this role where you’ll be leading the system integrity deliverables to ensure the end-to-end electrical systems are efficient, reliable, and compliant, in transmitting the electricity from our wind turbines onto the national or state transmission system to which we’re connected.
Welcome to Energy Systems
You’ll be part of the System Integrity Project Management team where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure that our company designs, delivers, and operates electrical systems that are efficient, reliable, and compliant, including grid code compliance, OT security compliance, and electrical system integration requirements and package delivery workstreams through the project lifecycle. It’s deemed critical to our licence to operate and to protect our revenue generation as well as brand reputation.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading, coordinating, and delivering ESDGI design/SLD capable of meeting the business targets, as well as evaluating and approving the suppliers design and supporting change decisions to the technical solutions
- holding project lifecycle responsibility for grid code compliance in design, development, and build of compliance-critical systems, as well as delivery responsibility for ensuring OT security
- managing a team to deliver design, installation, and commissioning of the electrical system integration packages, such as radio communication and backbone network packages for offshore wind farms
- leading the management of risks, e.g., health and safety, programme, cost, quality, and compliance, throughout the project lifecycle
- managing and aligning interfaces across wind farm electrical systems and testing towards WTG, TSO, and cable package(s)
- contributing to continuous improvement and building a learning organisation to ensure there is a level of technical and process alignment across the project portfolio.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s or bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or similar, and have project management competences equivalent to IPMA level A/B and/or PMI PMP
- have substantial relevant project experience from a matrix organisation within transmission systems, utility scale generation, and/or large construction projects
- have exceptional leadership, communication, stakeholder management, and negotiation skills, and have excellent commercial understanding
- can lead a team during the design and manufacturing phases of internal staff (either FTE or contractor) in excess of 10 persons
- have a deep understanding of how to drive the requirements and interface management of the end-to-end systems throughout the development, design, installation, commissioning, and operation phases
- are able to prioritise and execute your tasks in order to meet deadlines and speak and write English fluently as we operate in an international environment.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 15 August 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Xiaole Yang Strand, Head of Electrical System Integration Pr, on (United Kingdom +44) 7787722525, if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in an office-based set-up.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll potentially travel to attend project meetings and/or site work.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.