Strategy and business development
Product Developer for WTG upgrades and retrofits
Imagine a future where you'll develop and roll-out innovative WTG upgrades and novel retrofits across the world’s largest operational offshore fleet
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of the product development team in Offshore Operations, responsible for driving end2end development and roll-out of new WTG upgrade and retrofit products across our offshore fleet. We develop through iterations with agile product management; hence you'll play a key role in the identification of issues and opportunities, development of roadmaps and plans, development of business cases to minimum viable product, identification of suppliers, trialling proof of concept to full roll-out and tracking the benefits.
Welcome to Operations Product Lines
You’ll be part of Operations Digital & Innovation where you, together with your colleagues, will push the boundaries for offshore operations further. You’ll enter a small, dedicated team with a product owner and fellow product developers where you’ll help the team to develop, execute, and deliver on the product roadmap for new solutions to optimise AEP, reduce OPEX, or solve technical issues on our assets. Many products are developed and implemented in collaboration with 3rd party suppliers and IP partners, hence the challenge is often to leverage the market, technically and commercially.
You’ll play an important role in:
- identifying upgrade and retrofit opportunities across our fleet, as well as spotting innovative technologies and solutions across the supplier market. Matching needs and solutions
- creating business cases, development, implementation, and roll out strategy and facilitating technology readiness assessment
- driving the development of selected products end-to-end from discovery to proof of concept to the full roll-out at sites
- validating product/solution value after roll-out; monitoring implementation progress and well as financial, safety and quality, and environmental benefits generated
- interacting with internal and external stakeholders (suppliers, partners) on a technical and commercial level, incl. contractual negotiations on product implementation.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an engineering background and hands-on wind turbine industry knowledge
- have talent to spot and realise technical (and commercial) opportunities in a complex stakeholder environment, focused on business impact, rather than exclusive deep technical competences
- have experience with innovation and/or product management preferably from an agile environment and with end2end product lifecycle management framework and mindset
- have experience with working with 3rd party suppliers to drive innovation, preferably incl. contract, partner, and IP negotiations
- are a versatile team player with a "can-do" ownership and stakeholder engagement mindset
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 August 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Olga Larsen, Product Owner, on (Denmark +45) 99554223 if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (home and office-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.