Engineering and construction
Senior LV Power Engineer
Imagine a future where you unleash your potential and contribute to the design and execution of our high voltage AC and DC substations
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the design, quality assurance, and integration of the LV and Utility components into onshore and offshore substations, from the conceptual phase to detailed design and execution. You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in the development of innovative technical solutions and assisting our Operations & Maintenance (O&M) team.
Welcome to Substations Electrical & Comm. Mgmt.
You’ll be part of Substations Electrical & Mechanical Engineering where you, together with your 17 talented and motivated colleagues, will constantly improve our methods, tools, and best practices for the design of onshore or offshore substations. The department has offices in two locations, one in Denmark and one in Malaysia, while other interfacing colleagues are in London, Hamburg, Singapore, the US, and Taiwan, amongst other places.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being responsible for the design of LV and utility systems on offshore substations during all phases, from concept to FAT on HVAC and HVDC projects
- participating in project team meetings and proactively cooperating and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders
- participating in FAT of main LV and utility systems on onshore and offshore substations to support supervision and commissioning activities, as well as handover to our O&M team
- taking ownership and delivering technical specifications, design basis, lists, and calculations for LV and utility components for both onshore and offshore substations
- identifying the technical requirements and ensuring that the deliverables from engineering, fabrication, and principal contractors have the right quality according to requirements.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have extensive experience with technical design, preferably within offshore substations or offshore oil and gas projects, where experience with HVDC Substation projects will be considered an advantage
- have a relevant degree in electrical engineering and are interested in working with electrical design for onshore and offshore substations
- have hands-on experience with tools like ETAP, PowerFactory, DIALux, and ePLAN, and extensive experience with relevant international standards
- have hands-on experience with LV power system design and studies (Arc flash studies, selectivity studies, Power Management Study), calculations (short circuit calculation, lighting calculation), equipment sizing, and specifications
- are curious and open to new ways of working with new design processes and are able to collaborate with your team members and all stakeholders
- have a strong analytical approach, enabling you to handle a range of complex tasks quickly.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than . We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mana Saravi, Senior Manager, on (Denmark +45) 24993787 on Mondays to Thursdays from 10:00-14:00 CET; Central European Time if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in an office-based set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country