Sales and energy trading
Imagine a future where you play a key role in our bioconversion and secure competitive and sustainable biomass fuel for our power plants
Join us in this role where you’ll develop and implement strategies to secure a competitive and robust biomass portfolio, providing security of supply for our combined heat and power plants. You’ll cooperate with all internal teams such as Risk, Legal, Credit, and Project development to be compliant and strengthen our position in the biomass market by building a strong network in the biomass market, as well as optimising the portfolio by trading in the market.
Welcome to Bio Markets
You’ll be part of our Fuel and Logistics teams where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for the fuel and logistics sourcing of wood chips to our combined heat and power plants. You’ll be part of a dynamic competence centre with dedicated colleagues focused on handling operation, expanding our sourcing, sales, and logistics of biomass for own facilities and third parties, as well as project work, technical issues, and focus on cooperation and cross-organisational work.
You’ll play an important role in:
- sourcing, optimising, and trading of wood chips and alternative biofuels
- making, optimising, and executing commercial deals
- cooperating closely with the Logistic team to optimise the physical portfolio and strengthen our supply chain
- providing market intelligence for market analysis supporting sourcing as well as senior management reporting.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a strong appetite to drive the expansion of the business with a proven track-record with some experience in both the Biomass market and Power Industry
- have experience or an understanding of supply chain management or experience with freight
- have a strong cooperative team spirit with good communication skills
- are value and performance-orientated with a great understanding of risk management
- are self-driven with the ability to take initiative and execute business prospects
- hold an educational degree, preferably on a master’ or bachelor’ degree, but your experience and personal drive is most important.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 3 July 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Soren Alsing, Director, on (Denmark +45) 99551051 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in an office set-up.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.