Engineering and construction
Grid Services Manager
Imagine a future where you develop the grid strategy that will help deliver growth for Ørsted’s Ireland and UK onshore business
Join us in this role where you’ll target high value innovation projects in strategic areas of the network as the Grid Services Manager. This will be done through a focus on
locational flexibility and network innovation and through deep knowledge of stressed areas of the network, demand growth, capacity requirements, and the demographic of new renewables. You’ll maximise the existing asset value with co-location alongside existing wind farms where land and grid are available and target hybrid projects to get quick access to grid, demonstrating hybrid technology value.
Welcome to Project Delivery
You’ll be part of the Project Delivery team where you, together with your colleagues, will help build Ørsted’s Capacity Market strategy for the business leveraging off existing flex sites within the portfolio. You'll be an integral part of the team, working in a dynamic environment and with competent and committed colleagues who will support you along the way.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being the subject matter expert for the regulatory framework, requirements, and changes from a flex tech and system services policy perspective
- using technical knowledge to seek out and deliver on opportunities to avail of existing and future system services across the portfolio under Eirgrid’s System Services program
- co-ordinating and managing the procurement process for specialist sub-consultants and contractors to manage ongoing relationships
- scaling the flexibility portfolio with strategic knowledge of the grid while supporting efforts for the team from a grid perspective
- carrying out power system analysis and functional specification for projects as required, where you’ll lead technical due diligence efforts during project acquisition.
To succeed in the role, you:
- possess detailed knowledge of Power Systems and grid connections
- have extensive relevant experience and have a proven track record of successfully delivering complex projects of strategic importance
- are a strategic thinker with expertise in the Irish and UK grid systems who has a deep understanding of how they operate and the electricity market in both jurisdictions
- hold a master’s qualification in electrical or electronic engineering or related discipline
- have the ability to project manage and work to tight timeframes with a natural ability to manage key stakeholders.
- are strategy-orientated with a long-term vision on future opportunities in relation to new and emerging technologies, and have excellent technical and analytical skills.