Strategy and business development
Data/Software Engineering Intern
Imagine a future where you guide the planning and operation of our renewable energy portfolio by developing the tools and infrastructure we need to make decisions
Join us in this role where you’ll get immediate, hands-on experience with our growing back-end and front-end codebases. Specific projects you may work on include supporting an ongoing effort to better plan the growth of our renewable energy business over time by selecting the optimal mix of projects to build. This project requires end-to-end engineering support, from data ETL and calculation models to front-end applications. Another project you may work on is the software that supports our trading and risk management functions.
Welcome to Ørsted Onshore
You’ll be part of Strategy and New Markets where you, together with your colleagues, will lead Ørsted’s thinking in its existing and potential operations. We demonstrate new business cases, advise on development and M&A transactions, coordinate closely with the Market Fundamentals team to develop global forecasts, perform corporate development activities, and perform advanced analyses to maintain Ørsted’s leadership in the renewable energy industry. Your development work will support the tooling and infrastructure that makes this all possible.
You’ll play an important role in:
- contributing to the development of internal portfolio valuation tools
- contributing to the maintenance of commercial risk management systems
- setting up, scheduling, and managing automated ETL and data pipelines
- interfacing with other business teams to improve their data management practices
- writing tests cases, fixing bugs, refactoring, and refining sub-architectures with guidance from senior team members.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience using Python, as demonstrated by academic or personal projects
- preferably have experience with SQL and/or R, as well as PM tools and workflow like Azure DevOps and Agile
- have a strong academic record in a quantitative field, such as computer science or engineering, which demonstrates analytical fluency
- are strongly interested in software development and/or data engineering
- are interested in the renewable energy industry.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2022-05-31. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com on Mondays to Fridays from 09:00- 17:00 GMT -4, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace and, in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.