Engineering and construction
Senior Concept and Layout Engineer
Imagine a future where you deliver wind farm engineering services to early phase opportunities and pre-asset development screenings
Join us in this role where you’ll play a key part in our company’s efforts to assess opportunities for our global wind energy assets pipeline development.
Welcome to Wind Farm Early Phase Design
You’ll be part of Wind Farm Early Phase Design where you, together with your highly skilled colleagues, will be optimising wind farm concepts. You'll work closely with our stakeholders in Project Assessment, Pre-Asset Development, and Regions to ensure that we have the right products and services, enabling the best early-stage decision basis for them. Moreover, you’ll be in a matrix organisation reporting both to the head of Wind Farm Early Phase Design and the project managers.
You’ll play an important role in:
- analysing wind farm scenarios by combining WTGs, foundation concepts, positioning of substations, turbines, and cables, in collaboration with managers for each technical area
- coordinating, challenging, and ensuring alignment across all case drivers, incl. technical specifications, CAPEX, OPEX, ABEX, yield, and risk
- developing on how we work with our service offerings and processes through improved methodologies and new technology, in collaboration with the team and stakeholders
- optimising planned wind farm layouts and conceptual technical designs to improve the technical solution and business case
- analysing and coordinating internal stakeholder’s, and occasionally external stakeholder’s, input in relation to the technical design envelope and consent processes.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a good analytical understanding of the cross-disciplinary dynamic between the technical solutions and the business cases
- preferably have a master’s degree in engineering or a similar discipline
- have experience with offshore wind farms or offshore work within the field of wind turbines, electrical systems, or offshore installation processes
- are approachable, fun to work with, independent and curious, and always strive to improve
- can easily work with many stakeholders and tasks and have strong communication and collaboration skills.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 23 May 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Katrine Bech Andersen, Head of Wind Farm Early Phase Design, on +4599559050 on Wednesdays to Thursdays from 12:00-15:00 CEST; Central European Summer Time if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace and, in this position, you’ll be working in an office-based set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.