IT and digital
Senior Model Developer
Imagine a future where you develop and support budgeting tools for the market leader in offshore wind energy
Join us in this role where you’ll be instrumental in developing tools to model the latest technology and price developments in offshore wind energy. The tools you build will ensure that our business cases can be prepared efficiently and reflect our latest knowledge of the market – this is key to securing our future global portfolio.
Welcome to EPC & Operations
You’ll be an integral part of the Cost Engineering team which works with a global perspective. You’ll develop models for budget estimating and ensure we capture insights from our existing portfolio and the market. We offer a unique and varied role where you’ll work across the offshore wind portfolio and have every opportunity to develop your knowledge, competences, and skill set. You’ll be part of a team with competent and committed colleagues who’ll support you along the way.
You’ll play an important role in:
- establishing a new cost-engineering tool development hub in Kuala Lumpur where you’ll manage priorities, coordinate across time zones, and mentor more junior colleagues
- developing and standardising cost-estimating models that support lean data flow and aid traceability
- developing analytical tools to maximise insight from our global portfolio and the market
- ensuring the quality and availability of the tools that are developed
- ensuring a continuous focus on integration with IT tools and compliance with governance, established systems, and industry best practice.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a high proficiency working with MS Excel, SQL, and programming languages such as VBA, Python, or C#
- work and deliver independently with a proactive and structured approach and a drive to handle complex tasks
- can lead others, communicate ideas, and create good relationships with stakeholders, including those located in a different time zone
- may have experience working with financial modelling and with Power BI or Tableau, though these are not a prerequisite.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 22-05-2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process we’re happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you should expect some travel activity to the headquarters in Denmark during an onboarding period of approximately 3-6 weeks.
We offer a flexible workplace and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.