Engineering and construction
Senior Lv Power Engineer
Imagine a future where you unleash your potential, taking up some of the technical challenges related to the design and construction of our substations
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the design, quality assurance, and integration of the LV and Utility components into onshore and offshore substations from the conceptual phase to detailed design and execution. You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in the development of innovative technical solutions and assisting our O&M team.
Welcome to Substations Electrical & Comm. Mgmt.
You’ll be part of Electrical & Mechanical Substations Design where you, together with your 17 talented and motivated colleagues, will constantly improve our methods, tools, and best practices for the design of onshore or offshore substations. The department has offices in two locations, one in Denmark and one in Malaysia, while other interfacing colleagues are in London, Hamburg, Singapore, the US, and Taiwan, amongst other places.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being responsible for the design of LV and utility systems on offshore substations during all phases from concept to FAT on HVAC and HVDC projects
- taking ownership and delivering technical specifications, design basis, lists, and calculations for LV and utility components for both onshore and offshore substations
- identifying the technical requirements and ensuring that the deliverables from engineering, fabrication, and principal contractors have the right quality according to requirements
- participating in FAT/SAT of main LV and utility systems on onshore and offshore substations to support supervision and commissioning activities as well as handover to our O&M team
- participating in project team meetings and proactively cooperating and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant degree in electrical engineering and are interested in working with electrical design for onshore and offshore substations.
- have extensive experience with technical design, preferably within offshore substations or offshore oil and gas projects, where experience with HVDC Substation project will be considered an advantage
- have hands-on experience with LV power system design and studies, calculations, equipment sizing, and specifications
- have a strong analytical approach, enabling you to handle a range of complex tasks quickly
- have hands-on experience with tools like ETAP, PowerFactory, DIALux, and ePLAN, and extensive experience with relevant international standards
- are curious and open for new ways of working with new design processes and able to collaborate with your team members and all stakeholders.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 1 July 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mana Saravi, Senior Manager, on (Denmark +45) 24993787 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 09:00-16:00 CET; Central Europe Standard Time, if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and, in this position, you’ll be working in an on-site set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.