Senior Sourcing Manager
Imagine a future where you optimize procurement to create a diverse and inclusive world that runs entirely on green energy Imagine a future where you optimize procurement to create a diverse and inclusive world that runs entirely on green energy
Join us in this role where you’ll be supporting the project manager and lead procurement manager for US projects with daily procurement activities, working closely with our stakeholders. You’ll manage the proper handling of contracts and claims, holding responsibility for preparing and conducting supplier negotiations.
Welcome to NA Procurement
You’ll be part of a growing and diverse US team which prides itself on inclusivity. Together with your colleagues, you’ll oversee transitioning vendors from sourcing to contract management, as well as tracking and negotiating changes to contracts with key suppliers.
This position can also be located in Houston, Texas
You’ll play an important role in:
- being responsible for sourcing services for construction and installation projects
- leading and delivering strategic sourcing processes from start to finish, i.e. market analysis, tender process, negotiations, implementation, and contract management, etc.
- ensuring contractual alignment between business and project objectives
- building relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to support the realization and optimization of commercial value
- proactively handling commercial issues arising from contracts, including issues related to supplier performance and contract interpretation.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of experience, or alternatively 6-8 years of experience, in sourcing or contract management
- have experience in the construction industry and with tendering, negotiating, and/or managing contracts
- demonstrate a well-developed ‘toolbox’ to effectively manage sourcing and tender processes, negotiations, and stakeholders, as well as analyze market trends and tracking supplier performance
- have proven negotiation skills, enabling you to communicate professionally with key business partners while maintaining contractual and business objectives
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks, with an ability to balance competing priorities in a large matrixed organization.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than June 6, 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.