Engineering and construction
Senior LV Power Engineer
Imagine a future where you take up the technical challenges related to the design and construction of our substations
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the design and integration of low voltage (LV) and utility components into our onshore and offshore substations, along with 15 committed colleagues. We’re looking for a new colleague who is proactive, flexible and enjoy sharing knowledge within the project group and the entire department.
Welcome to Substations Electrical & Commissioning Management
You’ll be part of Electrical & Mechanical Substation Design where you, together with your colleagues, will be delivering the best engineering solutions for our substations globally. You’ll become part of our motivated and passionate team with other dedicated colleagues where you’ll be performing cross-disciplinary work and cooperating with colleagues and external business partners.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being responsible for the design of LV and utility systems on offshore substations during all phases from concept to commissioning
- taking ownership and delivering technical specifications, design basis, lists, and calculations for LV and utility components for both onshore and offshore substations
- identifying the technical requirements and ensuring that the deliverables from engineering, fabrication, and principal contractors have the right quality according to requirements
- participating in FAT/SAT of main LV and utility systems on onshore and offshore substations to support supervision and commissioning activities as well as handover to our Operation & Maintenance team
- participating in project team meetings and proactively cooperate and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant degree in electrical engineering and are interested in working with electrical design for onshore and offshore substations
- have extensive experience with technical design, preferably within offshore substations or offshore oil and gas projects
- have hands-on experience with LV power system design and studies, calculations, equipment sizing, and specifications
- have hands-on experience with tools like ETAP, FEBDOK, Dialux, AVEVA or ePLAN, and extensive experience with relevant international standards
- have a strong analytical approach, enabling you to handle a range of complex tasks quickly
- are curious and open for new ways of working with new design processes and able to collaborate with your team members and all stakeholders.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 4 October 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jacob H. Skøtt, Senior LV Power Engineer, on +4599557072 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
OBS: Between 9-14 September, it will not be possible to apply for jobs with us due to technical maintenance