Strategy and business development
Commercial Project Manager
Imagine a future where you drive the commercial optimization of our offshore wind projects
Join us in this role where you’ll be involved in the project management of one or more of our US offshore wind development projects and in driving major commercial projects as part of our growth in the US.
Welcome to NA Commercial
You’ll be part of a diverse team where you, together with your colleagues, will help develop the project business case and manage commercial risks by aligning internal teams working in areas such as budgeting, revenue forecasting, structuring, business case analysis, land and property, and preparation for future operations with the ultimate goal of achieving a successful final investment decision.
You’ll play an important role in:
- negotiating, obtaining approvals, and managing commercial agreements, including working with our technical, real estate, legal, regulatory, and consenting teams to secure the necessary input to agreements
- reporting on project progress, both internally to senior management and to external partners and key stakeholders, and developing and managing the project commercial budget and resource demand
- coordinating with internal project and corporate stakeholders to manage the financial model and communicating important financial metrics and indicators to internal stakeholders
- preparing the commercial documentation necessary to support a successful final investment decision and a smooth transition to construction and operations
- working with senior external and internal stakeholders to drive overall optimization and maturation of the projects.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a degree in finance, economics, business administration, or law
- have demonstrated analytical and problem-solving capabilities, including the ability to identify and communicate possible trade-offs and the balance of risk and reward
- can effectively communicate complicated commercial concepts, both in writing and in person, with the appropriate degree of substance and nuance to various internal and external stakeholders
- have significant experience from commercial or financial roles in industries such as energy, infrastructure, real estate development, or other relevant industries
- have solid project management abilities, including the ability to plan and report effectively, build consensus, secure commitments, and thrive in a culture of accountability
- have a background in corporate finance or management consulting, and experience in leading or supporting commercial negotiations would also be relevant.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than October 15, 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Recruiting Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.