Engineering and construction
Concept & Layout Engineer
Imagine a future where you’ll make the world greener by optimising wind farm layouts in our global market
Join us in this role where you’ll be a key technical focal point for optimising the scope for the development of technical concepts and layouts for offshore wind farm development projects.
Welcome to Wind Farm, Concept
You’ll be part of the Concept team, an international and growing team of currently 21 enthusiastic engineers with diverse backgrounds, where you, together with your colleagues, will be optimising wind farm concepts. You’ll be reporting to the head of Concept and various project managers in a global project portfolio and strong matrix organisation. Depending on your experience, you’ll be employed at either specialist or senior specialist level.
You’ll play an important role in:
- optimising planned wind farm layouts, conceptual technical designs, and installation set-ups to improve the technical solution and business case
- analysing and coordinating internal stakeholders’ and occasionally external stakeholders’ input in relation to the technical design envelope and consent processes
- analysing wind farm scenarios by combining WTGs, foundation concepts, positioning of substations, turbines, and cables in cooperation with managers for each technical area
- performing technical scope management and coordinating technical interfaces
- coordinating, challenging, and ensuring alignment across all case drivers, including technical specifications, CAPEX, OPEX, ABEX, yield, and risk, as well as optimising the processes.
To succeed in the role, you:
- preferably have a master’s degree in engineering or a similar discipline
- have experience with offshore wind farms or offshore work within the field of wind turbines, electrical systems, or offshore installation processes
- have a good analytical understanding of the cross-disciplinary effects between the technical solutions and the business cases
- can easily work with many stakeholders/tasks and have strong communication and collaboration skills.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 14 October. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Tove Susanne Dalsgaard, Manager, on +4599555721 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.