Operations and technicians
CMC Asset Performance Lead
Imagine a future where you shape the control and performance of generation and transmission assets in the world’s largest offshore wind fleet
Join us in this role where you’ll drive our Global Control & Monitoring Centre’s approach to asset performance – increasing availability and production on a range of turbine platforms and transmission assets across the UK, the EU, and new markets. Based in Barrow, you’ll be part of a team developing rapidly into the company’s global centre of excellence – ensuring our assets consistently perform at their best.
Welcome to Global Surveillance & Support
You’ll be part of the Control & Monitoring Centre where you, together with your colleagues, will monitor and control our rapidly growing offshore wind fleet. Responding to wind turbines and transmission assets across four countries now, with the US and APAC joining soon, we make sure our assets are safe, compliant, and performing at their best. We’re at a pivotal point in our global growth journey, becoming the centre of the company’s global EPC & Operations.
You’ll play an important role in:
- building the Control & Monitoring Centre’s performance impact, including reviewing and improving existing performance and processes as well as shaping the designs for new wind parks, platforms, and markets
- leading our work with key stakeholders, including with technical site supervisors, WTG platform leads, advanced analytics colleagues, HV and transmission asset specialists, site teams, and asset owners
- driving automation and digitalisation for efficient and high-impact management of our rapidly expanding asset base
- building an environment in which our operators can succeed, including training and development, alarm volume and philosophy, systems and tools, working set-up, and infrastructure.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have significant leadership experience within a control point environment, including creating technical procedures and workflows, and managing centralised performance of internationally distributed assets
- are keen to build the Control & Monitoring Centre’s impact on a growing and wide-ranging portfolio of WTG and BOP assets
- want to work with and build competences in our ambitious team of 24/7 operators, including providing technical advice, delivering training, and promoting a continuous improvement culture
- are proactive and keen to identify and implement improvement initiatives and share best practice across the department.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 1 August 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact James Robertson, Head of Control & Monitoring Centre, on +447810658161 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.