Engineering and construction
Offshore Substations Project Manager
Imagine a future where you become a game changer responsible for North America’s very first offshore substation, supporting the country’s exponential growth of offshore wind
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the construction of offshore substations on site in an exciting time for the US offshore wind industry. This is a truly unique opportunity to participate in a pioneering role delivering the first offshore substation for wind power in the US.
Welcome to Substations
You’ll be part of a growing team where you, together with your colleagues, will serve as company representatives with authority over all project-related activities in the fabrication yard. You’ll furthermore engage with other on-site subcontractors, suppliers, and contractors, all while promoting QHSE practices on the fabrication site and ensuring that the EPC contractor adheres to project QHSE, specifications, codes, and standards, and you’ll oversee QA/QC tests/checks to verify the quality of all completed work in accordance with project requirements.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing the EPC contractor executing the fabrication yard construction scope of the substation, providing on-site coordination and monitoring construction methods/activities performed by the contractor
- being responsible for all matters pertaining to project managing our EPC supplier at the fabrication yard (i.e. tracking compliance with project KPIs and contractor performance/staffing/training needs)
- starting up the project, handling the overall project requirements, and managing time, budget, scope, vendors, deliveries, quality, contracts, claims, interfaces, HSE, risks, and stakeholders
- preparing and delivering various construction-related presentations/reports both internally and externally, as needed
- resolving yard-specific construction questions and issues brought forth by the contractor while also managing and motivating the site-based project team to deliver safely within scope, time, and budget
- ensuring technical documentation of the design, fabrication, installation, and commissioning as well as the safety philosophy, inspection plan, decommissioning, and abandonment plan.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a degree in engineering and preferably certification in project management at PMI or ICMA level – previous experience working with EPC contractors is advantageous
- have 10+ years of experience with project management of multidisciplinary, large-scale construction projects, preferably from offshore wind or the oil and gas industry
- thrive in a fast-paced and diverse international environment bringing together various employee groups, nationalities, cultures, and authorities through in-person and virtual environments
- are commercially astute with managerial/technical competences, enabling you to ensure compliance with contract technical requirements
- have excellent communication skills and master English at negotiation level, take a result-oriented approach to your work, and are able to motivate your colleagues
- are familiar with structural fabrication, coatings, piping, and instrumentation/electrical systems installations.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than May 17, 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please note that you’re expected to do some domestic traveling in relation to your work, as you’ll be expected to be present on sites for extended periods.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.