Sourcing Manager, Indirect Procurement
Imagine a future where you develop the Indirect categories and execute sourcing projects in close collaboration with strong and professional procurement teams.
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for managing the sourcing of categories such as marketing, facility management, financial advisory, management consultants, HR , and legal services for Ørsted’s off and onshore wind projects in North America. You’ll work with strategic sourcing and robust and lean tender processes which will deliver strong commercial results and value to the business.
Welcome to NA Procurement
You’ll be part of a growing and ambitious team with bright colleagues with commercial and curious mindsets. You’ll have the responsibility for defining sourcing strategies and providing input to the strategic development of the indirect categories, and you’ll be leading our sourcing and tender projects in close cooperation with the business stakeholders and Indirect Procurement in Copenhagen and London.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being commercially responsible for sourcing goods and services mainly within financial advisory, management consultants, facility management, and HR services
- leading and delivering entire strategic sourcing process from start to finish (i.e. market analysis, tender process, negotiations, key stakeholder management, implementation, and contract management, etc.)
- building relationships with key stakeholders within the organization to support the realization and optimization of commercial value
- handling commercial issues arising from contracts, including issues related to supplier performance and contract interpretation
- proactively suggest improvements to processes, procedures, workflows, and organizational structures related to strategic sourcing
- having significant influence on the prioritization of areas of actions and the strategic development within these areas.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a cross-disciplinary background based on a master’s degree in economics, supply chain, law, or engineering
- have solid experience with sourcing and tendering
- have a broad and deep knowledge of the strategic sourcing process and a well-developed sourcing ‘toolbox’
- are an experienced negotiator, taking responsibility for planning and executing the negotiation process
- know the tools and methods for extracting and analyzing market supplier and spend and performance data
- have experience with contract law, i.e. contract advisory, contract management, such as securing contract compliance within the organization, and value creation, working in SAP R3 will be a plus.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than March 8, 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Recruiting Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.