Operations and technicians
WTG (Wind Turbine Generator) Technician
Imagine a future where you’re part of a team ensuring the highest safety standards and performance excellence on our offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for maintaining and repairing our wind turbines. You’ll contribute positively to our safety culture and work with our engineering specialists to enhance our wind farm performance.
Welcome to APAC Operations
You’ll be part of the CHW01&02a team, where you‘ll be trained by professionals in the industry, be exposed to the latest technologies in offshore wind, and experience a unique work and lifestyle. You and your colleagues will report to the operations manager. During the construction phase, you’ll be required to work from our Taichung office, and once the wind farm is operational, you’ll be expected to live and work on a service operation vessel (SOV) out of the Taichung port.
You’ll play an important role in:
- working with the highest regard for safety, and driving a positive safety culture with your actions
- controlling the condition of your own safety equipment, life jacket, helmet, full-body harness, etc., to ensure that the supplied equipment is always ready to use
- participating in and conducting relevant training related to safety, technique, company policies, etc., through e-learning, classroom training, or on-the-job training
- utilizing software systems to accurately record all elements of your daily work, including hours worked, spare parts used, and making technical work order reports
- participating in scheduled maintenance, unscheduled maintenance, and fault-finding on wind turbines
- preparing and packing spare parts, tools, and other equipment for all elements of the maintenance work.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a mechanical/electrical educational background or a relevant industry background
- speak and write English and Mandarin fluently (TOEIC RL600+, SW250+ is an advantage)
- are a team player and can develop good relationships with your colleagues and external business partners
- are willing to live and work in shift patterns on an SOV.
- preferably have experience working with wind turbine generator maintenance, troubleshooting, and modification
- have experience with service, repair, and maintenance of mechanical or electrical machinery or power generation assets.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.