Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Federal Affairs Manager, U.S.
Imagine a future where you’ll have the opportunity to shape our country’s transition to clean energy as part of one of the world’s largest renewable energy companies
Join us in this role where you’ll be working in a fast-paced team to advocate for the proper federal policy framework needed to deploy our offshore wind projects, all while growing a broad base of diverse political support. You’ll have the opportunity to represent our company in front of members of Congress, administration officials, and other stakeholders
Welcome to North American Corporate Affairs
You’ll be part of the ambitious Federal Affairs team that’s growing its presence in Washington DC where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for setting and shaping the company’s legislative and regulatory agenda, and for positively impacting the emerging US offshore wind market, while growing our brand in DC.
You’ll play an important role in:
- advancing our congressional engagement and thought leadership partnerships that we’ve established to progress offshore wind policy in DC energy and climate circles
- leading the federal component of our strategic partnership work with eNGOs
- providing policy analyses on emerging issues and drafting policy updates and content for our executive engagements in the federal space
- supporting event planning and management in the DC area
- coordinating with the federal affairs director, consultants, and the broader offshore North America team to deliver timely updates, execute strategic plans, and promote our project development
- contributing to global company initiatives with colleagues in Denmark.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a degree in environmental policy, political science, business, law, or other relevant fields
- have 3-5 years’ experience in US federal affairs, preferably with some Hill or relevant federal agency experience
- have an understanding of US energy and climate policy, with a track record of achieving policy goals in prior roles
- are a strategic thinker and communicator who can work independently as well as with a wide range of stakeholder interests
- are an active and engaged member of the community where the position is based
- possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than March 1, 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Recruiting Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.