Finance and controlling
Head of Internal Controls
Imagine a future where you’ll lead a multinational team tasked with managing our corporate internal control framework
Join us in this role where you’ll become the Head of Internal Controls where your primary focus will be on owning and developing our global internal control framework and leading a team of six colleagues in Europe. The core task of the team is to manage the internal control framework in the Group and operating the system that supports the framework.
Welcome to Financial accounting and controlling
You’ll be part of the internal controls team where you, together with your colleagues will work with the area of Governance, Risk and Controls. You’ll report to the Head of Financial Accounting & Controlling which has approx. 60 colleagues organised within the area jointly with the internal controls team, a maturation team, and three service delivery teams. We’re part of our corporate Business Services unit and aim for scalable, standardised, and global processes.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing the yearly internal control risk assessment including stakeholder alignment
- managing the build of internal control catalogues, documentation of internal control design and ensuring dialogue and activities in the various business units to cater for sufficient control designs
- monitoring internal controls being performed in the business and ensuring the corporate control environment
- reporting on the internal control framework to executive management
- operating the internal control system being used across the company and facilitating the process of financial audit management letter items
- managing the internal controls team of highly specialised colleagues and ensuring the right mix of tasks and competencies
- increasing and maintaining employee satisfaction by facilitating conscious improvement of the working environment through team-specific action plans and continuous follow-up.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant financial education, e.g. a master’s degree in auditing or finance, and have extensive experience as a manager working with an internal control framework in a multinational company
- have experience with stakeholder management, understanding the mid/long-term needs for financial compliance and can translate these into tangible actions and results
- have great communication skills where internal controls can be communicated to all areas in the business in a clear and transparent manner
- understand classical accounting and controlling disciplines and can combine being a manager while delivering within own functional areas with high quality and speed
- are motivated by creating a working culture characterised by trust and openness, giving constructive feedback, delegating tasks in order to develop colleagues and proactively.
- speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 28 February 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Marlene Franke Mozer, Head of Accounting & Controlling, on +4523462946 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For Poland, please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations PL by email on talentacquisitionPL@orsted.dk if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, depending on whether the employment is done in DK or PL.