Strategy and business development
Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager
Imagine a future where you work in a challenging and exciting governmental and regulatory affairs team in the renewable energy sector with the world’s most sustainable company
Join us in this role in our Tokyo office where you’ll be responsible for our stakeholder management in relation to the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) and other external stakeholders, including governmental and regulatory affairs bodies. You’ll engage actively in dialogue with external stakeholders, in particular METI and other relevant regulatory authorities.
Welcome to Japan Organisation
You’ll be part of the Regulatory Affairs team in Japan where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for managing various external stakeholder relations, including central and regional policymakers and other high-value parties relevant to our business in Japan.
You’ll play an important role in:
- creating a stakeholder overview and building up a strong, healthy, and sustainable network among key stakeholders
- functioning as the local knowledge point for policy-related issues and grid-related regulatory issues, among others
- communicating your expert knowledge on policy-related affairs and energy-related policy, ensuring transparency for top management
- identifying and articulating must-win battles and developing key actions/implementation plans for policy-related and other regulatory issues, and ensuring their implementation
- coordinating efforts associated with the preparation of regulatory documents or submissions.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an established network of contacts within METI and other relevant regulators in the government
- must be able to work effectively in a demanding environment where strict timelines and protocols must be met, while having the ability to pay attention to detail
- have accumulated extensive experience working within the energy industry, preferably in a regulatory role
- are an inspiring team player, have leadership skills, and can represent our Group to senior external stakeholders
- are a Japanese native with strong communication skills, especially in English, enabling you to communicate effortlessly with your external and internal stakeholders.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.